Monday, June 8, 2015

The Sunset on the Horizon



This is actually going to be a very short entry since I'm saving the bigger portion of what's going on until tomorrow because tomorrow is going to be the real day that pain and sorrow is going to be overwhelming. You might ask how I know this, but trust me, I know. One can't lose someone they considered their child without unfathomable pain. It doesn't work that way. And tomorrow is the anniversary of that child's death. She wasn't a child at the time of her death. Far from it. But to me, she will always be my daughter - my first child - and there is nothing that can compare to that kind of pain. I still see her in my mind's eye as my little girl and there is nothing that will ever change that. So tonight, the sun is setting and tomorrow the darkness comes... the fighting of tears, the feelings of pain and sorrow... the devastation... Today was merely a taste. Tomorrow begins the nightmare.



No comments:

Post a Comment