Thursday, April 30, 2015

Clear Skies



And life continues day by day. My days are pretty even, at least the last two. No major irritations. No problems. I've been in a good mood for the most part, even if tired. It's nice to feel this way! I don't know how long it will stay, but I am certainly going to enjoy the sun while it's out! My days Monday through Friday are pretty much the same:

7:30am - 7:50pm: Wake Up Make Bed
8:00am : Community Meeting
8:15am - 8:30am: Walk
8:45am - Breakfast
9:10am: Chore
10:00am : Medication
11:00am: Group (varies every day)
Noon: Lunch
1:00am - 6:00pm : Free Time
5:00 : Medication
6:00pm : Dinner
7:00pm : Group (varies every day)
8:00 : NOTHING!
10:00pm : Medication
Shortly there after sleep - usually and hopefully

Yesterday I saw the Ahole Pdoc, but surprise, surprise, he didn't try treating me like an idiot this time! He took time and treated me like an adult. It's about freaking time! LOL! So the session went well. He's taking me off the medication that was causing me to gain weight, which was NOT acceptable and I would have had to stop taking it with or without his consent. He's trying me on gabapentin. With luck, that'll help me sleep tonight, since I start it this evening. It's actually an anti seizure medication. But they also use it to treat peripheral neuropathy pain and even pain from shingles. But it also works for sleep, so we'll see! May I fall into a peaceful slumber tonight! But it was nice for him not to be a jerk. I did get a chance to explain what happened the one day I walked out. I thought he should know, just because. I like people to understand why I am the way I am. I explained I had been triggered over and over for a week and a half by the time I saw him and I was just about ready to lose it. It's as simple as that. I think he understood. Of course, not that I'm keeping him as my Pdoc. I just won't. One good session doesn't mean he and I are a good fit as far as doctor and patient. But I am glad it went well.

Last night I cooked dinner for the house. One of the people who were supposed to cook wasn't feeling well, so staff came and asked me. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to. I was so tired! Of course, today I've been tired too. But yesterday was bad. However, I thought, what the heck! SO I got out there. Turned out to be something easy. The girl that helped me, besides looking confused a lot of the time, took direction really well! It was good working for her. And it's so nice not to be afraid to cook for the house anymore. I used to be terrified. Now it's like, okay, what am I making? I mean, it's a set menu, of course, so there is no trying to guess and the items are relatively easy. Last night was Buffalo chicken wings - of course, it turned out to be southwestern chicken wings because that was the sauce they had. LOL! I had never friend chicken before so that was different, but it came out relatively well. Maybe one day I'll try frying actually chicken pieces. I didn't have to cook these ones entirely the way through because I had to bake them too. We served it with veggies that I put butter and garlic in, buttered rice (which had been left over from the dinner the night before and I figured why not use it) and then salad. We have salad every meal - or we're supposed to. Sometimes some people don't manage to get to it for some reason. I don't know how they can't though. You have two whole hours to cook! Anyway, it turned out good! I was so happy! Nothing is better than cooking a meal that people enjoy! I felt quite accomplished.


I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight though. Tomorrow my son is coming to visit and I am so excited! I have missed him so much! I'm taking him out to lunch at the café a block away called The Beach Break Café. They serve the best burgers and their fries are always perfect! It's going to be good, but mostly to see him! He's going to show me his tarot deck, which I can't wait to see. The kids and I have always been into the occult and I have always been good at reading the tarot. I haven't done it in awhile, but also, I don't believe the future is fixed. Just because I read the cards and tell you what I see, it doesn't mean it's actually going to happen. As soon as I tell you, you might take actions to change it and, thus, cause a different future. The future is simply fluid. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God. I know it would be considered witchcraft, but I have a gift and there is no way in the world I believe it's dark magic. I just don't. Period. But the most important thing is I get to see him! And I get to introduce him to my nephew Jerry! Jordan already thinks of him as a cousin and they haven't even met! I just hope I sleep tonight with all the excitement I feel! I always get excited for the 1st anyway, because it's when I get money, but having Jordan come up is just the icing on the cake!

Anyway, tonight's group was House Beautification, which is my least liked group. Of course, I don't think anyone here likes having a group solely for doing chores! LOL! But mine was relatively easy. I got the living room bathroom. Had not just do the regular cleaning, but to really clean around the toilet, wipe down the walls, door knob, handles... I had to check the couch cushions for trash. There wasn't anyway that I could tell. I was done in less than 30 minutes. Then I wrote an email to my Aussie! He wrote me yesterday. He wrote me a short little note and then added onto a story we're writing together. I can't wait to think of what to add to it! ;-) But I always smile when I see I have an email from him.

Okay, all in all, clear skies... the sun it out... and for this moment in time, I'm happy!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment